I’m using MacBook Pro with Retina Display, Mid 2012. Partition is not changed, Volume label is ‘Macintosh HD‘.
I was trying to wake my macbook pro up in airport, the monitor was not lightened. Then I forced shutdown and reboot, monitor was still dark. I tried a lot, not work.
I thought I should reset PRAM, after that I saw the apple logo with gray progress bar, running to 20% at most, then computer shutdown.
UPDATE[2014-10-11]: One of my friends met the same progress bar, but resetting PRAM works for him.
Incoming search terms:
- fsck_hfs missing special device
- fsck -fy the volume untitled could not be verified
- fsck_hfs missing special-device
- https://sskaje me/2014/10/macbook-pro-boot-failure/
- invaled extent entry incorrect size for file invaled key length the volume macintosh hd could not be verified completely
- macbook pro fsck
- macbook repair bash-3 2#
- macosx ctypes macholib dumps symbol table
- usage: fsck_hfs [-c [size] dfl m [mode] npqruy] special device
- Volume on disk0s2 timed out waiting to mount
- Volume on disk2 timed out waiting to mount
- Volume on disk2 timed out waiting to mount mac
- volume on timed out waiting to mount
- volume untitled 1 couldnbe verified completely